Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Black is back

Well it really never left, just cool to say I guess. The black I am referring to can be none other than the CAO Black and this particular one on review is the Gothic.

Now I have a double confession to make. I am not really into the CAO products (I know I can hear the boos and hisses from here) but I am a bit of a sucker for the whole “limited”, “only xxxx boxes made” type of marketing. So when a certain vendor offered these “limited”, “numbered box”, “can only get them from us” cigars from CAO I got sucked in and decided to take a shot and ordered my favorite size. Needless to say that was a good four years ago and I think that the numbers on the boxes have been recycled a few times. Not to say that anyone is being deceptive but they are just that good of a cigar.

So here we are, it is a beautiful February day, clear skies with a temp somewhere around seventy two degrees. Of course I have great company with me for this lunch time smoke. The saddest part of this event was that this was my last one from the original box. The cigar was toasted and the lit producing right from the onset huge volumes of smoke, something that always turns me on. She burned, not with a razors edge but still very even with no touchups needed. From beginning to end your taste buds are assaulted with woody cedar flavor mingled with undertones of creamy vanilla and other spices that seem to just dance out of reach and keep you wanting more. I will honestly say that I have not been this satisfied with a non-Cuban in a very long time and it was with deep regret that I laid the nub down so she could go out with dignity.

Please feel free to comment.

No comments: